27 Mar Nymbus to sponsor Cushman School Gala
Nymbus has pledged to be the main presenting sponsor for the 2015 Cushman School Gala.
The Cushman School is Miami-Dade County’s oldest continuously operating private school. It is also widely recognized as one of its most accomplished educational institutions.
Set off Biscayne Boulevard in northeast Miami, Cushman provides a learning experience for students of various ethnic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds. Its student body of approximately 500 reflects the historic pocket of its international location. It is within multiple buildings and tranquil outdoor areas that the Cushman Spirit illuminates the productive campus.
The Cushman School Gala is the School’s premier fundraising event and is attended by over 400 supporters including: parents, community leaders, friends and local luminaries.
This year, proceeds from the Gala will benefit PLAY TO LEARN, a campaign for a Performing Arts & Athletic Center. This innovative center will allow the arts & athletics to be highlighted in a new way, and become the hub of where children can express their artistic abilities and stay active. It will also foster a sense of community while bringing awareness to our educational philosophy through innovative programming in creative spaces. Highlights of this state-of-the-art, landmark venue include:
- A full-service performance stage for school and community performances
- State-of-the-art sound systems, acoustics and projection screens
- Dance studio
- Music and chorus room
- Instrument, costume and set storage space
- Indoor space for physical education classes
- Yoga and fitness room
- Locker rooms
- Regulation sized basketball court, volleyball court, and indoor soccer arena
- Venue for community events and athletic tournaments for intramural and competitive sports